ANOTHER PALESTINIAN CONFIRMED VICTIM OF TURKEY’S ATATURK AIRPORT BOMBING

RAMALLAH, — Another Palestinian Thursday was confirmed killed in the series of deadly bombings that wreaked Istanbul’s Ataturk airport, the Palestinian Foreign Ministry said.

The Foreign Ministry received confirmation from Palestinian Ambassador to Turkey, Faed Mustafa, that a three-year-old Palestinian child succumbed to his wounds he had sustained in the bombings at Ataturk International Airport in Istanbul.

The death of the child, identified as Rayyan Sharim, brings the number of Palestinian casualties to three. The total death toll in the attacks stands at 44.

Sharim’s death came a day after his mother, Sundus Basha was confirmed killed. Both Sharim and his mother came from the northern West Bank district of Qalqiliya.

The Foreign Ministry said it was closely following developments of this “painful tragedy” in close contact with Mustafa and expressed its vehement condemnation of this “reprehensible act of terrorism against innocent civilians.”

Mustafa had said earlier that the embassy officials had visited the Palestinian injuries in the hospital and planned to routinely check on them in coming days.

He added that a crisis management team had been following up with the Turkish Health Ministry regarding the victims’ conditions and the Turkish government would cover treatment expenses for all Palestinian victims.

A day earlier, the Associated Press (AP) reported Mustafa as saying a Palestinian woman was killed and seven others were injured, including a 17-year-old girl from Gaza who is critically injured.

The woman was identified as Nisreen Hammad, 28, from the Jenin town of Arraba in the northern West Bank. Her 34-year-old husband and three-year-old daughter were injured. They were reportedly living and working in Saudi Arabia and had landed in Istanbul for vacation.

President Mahmoud Abbas condemned the “terrorist attacks” at Ataurk airport, one of the world’s largest air travel hubs, and offered his condolences to the people of Turkey and families of the victims.

Though no group has claimed responsibility for the attack so far, Turkish Prime Minister Binali Yildirim said the Daesh group is likely behind the attack.

Source: Name News Network

Related Post
مصارف تقدم الدعم المحلي لكل من التنفيذ والتحالف إيفردون ليه باين، 11 ديسمبر2017 – دخلت
SHENZHEN, China, Dec. 11, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — In recent years, falling global oil prices have created
New office opens in response to increasing regional demand for world-class environmental health and safety (EHS)
   

Related Posts