RAMALLAH, Oct 2 – Israeli forces arrested Wednesday noon at least 33 Palestinians from across the West Bank and the Jerusalem area, said activists and municipal sources.

Israeli forces raided al-Maleh in the Jordan Valley, where they arrested five Palestinians who were renovating their rainwater-harvesting wells and withheld their vehicle, said Head of al-Malih Local Council ‘Aref Daraghmeh.

Forces had attacked farmers in the same area earlier this week.

Israeli forces raided Khirbet al-Tawil, an area in the Nablus village of Aqraba, where they arrested an activist.

The 36-year-old activist, who is a member of the anti-settlement popular committee, was with other people making an inspection tour around Khirbet al-Tawil following the destruction of the power grid by the Israeli forces Monday, said member of the anti-settlement popular committee, Hamza Deireya.

Israeli forces raided the area Monday and destroyed the electricity poles and wires.

In Jerusalem, Israeli police arrested two Palestinians; a youth and a woman. The youth was arrested from the Al-Aqsa Mosque compound, while the woman was arrested while she attempted to enter into the mosque.

In Salfit district, Israeli forces stormed the village of Qarawat Bani Zeid, where they raided and searched a number of homes and sabotaged their furniture before arresting six Palestinians, said a statement by the Fatah Movement.

Mayor of the nearby village of Deir Ballout, Kamal Yousef, said an Israeli army patrol stormed the village at predawn and arrested four local residents in their early twenties.

In the meantime, army broke through Fara’a refugee camp, near Tubas in the northern West Bank, provoking confrontations with local residents. The Israeli soldiers fired rubber-coated bullets towards the protesters, injuring two.

The wounded, in addition to four others – 16, 16, 30 and 27 years old, were arrested following the military offensive. A woman was also arrested but was released a few hours later, witnesses reported.

In Jenin, Israeli army broke through the nearby town of Qabatiya and arrested two youngsters, 21 and 25, after raiding their homes and sabotaging their furniture. Army further stormed the village of Abu Da’if amid firing tear gas canisters and stun grenades, causing several cases of suffocation.

In Bethlehem, army broke into the village of Arrouj, south of the city, where they arrested three Palestinians, including two brothers, ages 33, 45 and 51.

In the meantime, army forces arrested a youth, 22, from Hebron while he was trying to pass the Container checkpoint near Bethlehem.

In HEBRON, several Palestinians suffocated by tear gas, while three Palestinian minors were arrested on Wednesday during clashes with Israeli forces in al-Arub refugee camp to the north of Hebron, said a local activist.

Israeli forces closed the entrances of the camp, triggering clashes with the Palestinian locals.

Forces fired tear gas canisters, causing dozens to suffer from tear gas inhalation, and arrested three minors.


Leave a Reply