RAMALLAH, Palestinians said on Monday that they will not appeal the Israeli High Court decision allowing the demolition of Khan al-Ahmar Bedouin village, located east of Jerusalem, at Israeli courts, rather they will pursue Israel at international courts.
Walid Assaf, the Palestinian official in charge of the Wall and Settlements Resistance Commission, told Voice of Palestine radio that the Palestinians have lost faith in Israeli courts after their highest body, the High Court, has ruled in favor of the demolition that would allow Israel to displace Palestinians and build a Jewish settlement in their location.
The Commission will not appeal this decision at Israeli courts anymore because they are a tool of the occupation to legalize theft of Palestinian land, he said, accusing the Israeli High Court justices of being racist and endorsing ethnic cleansing, starting with Khan al-Ahmar and later other Bedouin communities in the Jerusalem area.
He said the Commission is going to pursue Israel instead at international tribunals if the village is demolished.
The High Court last week gave the green light to the Israeli army to remove the Palestinian village and its residents, paving the way to removing more than two dozen other nearby Bedouin communities in order to build a settlement that would eventually cut the West Bank in half and prevent the possibility of having a viable Palestinian state.
Source: Palestinian News and Info Agency